Image retrieved from: Lee, Elizabeth. “Therapeutic Beauty: Abbott Thayer, Antimodernism, and the Fear of Disease.” American Art 18, no. 3 (Autumn 2004): 32–51. doi:10.1086/427531.
- American Archives of Art: Thomas B. Brumbaugh research material on Abbott Handerson Thayer and other artists, 1876-1994, (bulk 1960s-1994)
- Exhibition of paintings by Abbott H. Thayer : [exhibition] Pittsburgh, Carnegie Institute, 1919 (via Internet Archive)
- ‘Milk White Angels of Art’: Images of Women in Turn-of-the-Century America (Woman’s Art Journal , Vol. 11, No. 2, Autumn, 1990 – Winter, 1991)
- Smithson American Museum of Art: Abbott Handerson Thayer Exhibition
- Smithsonian American Museum of Art & the Renwick Gallery Collections: Abbott Handerson Thayer – Biography, Works, Exhibitions & Related Content
- ‘Therapeutic Beauty: Abbott Thayer, Antimodernism, and the Fear of Disease’ (American Art, Volume 18, Number 3) – accessed via JSTOR
- Abridged version of ‘Therapeutic Beauty…’ – Hektoen International: A Medical Journal of the Humanities