EDSITEment, a partnership among the National Endowment for the Humanities, Verizon Foundation, and the National Trust for the Humanities, is a virtual gateway to the humanities providing students & teachers [of all ages] access to high-quality content on the web. Subjects covered include literature and language arts, foreign languages, art and culture, and history and social studies.
As a proud member of the is a proud member of the Thinkfinity education consortium, EDSITEment was selected as one of the top 25 websites for 2010 by the America Association of School Librarians (AASL) and has been accepted into the Smithsonian Institution’s Permanent Research Collection of Information Technology, the world’s premier historical record of computing applications and innovations.
The EDSITEment experience includes:
- a user-friendly website that offers easy homepage access to the latest offerings from EDSITEment and our Thinkfinity partners – http://www.thinkfinity.org/
- NEH Connections: a robust feature that links to NEH-funded projects of particular relevance to educators – http://edsitement.neh.gov/neh-connections
- user-defined lesson-plan searches that can be customized and filtered five different ways – http://edsitement.neh.gov/lesson-plans
- direct access to student resources and interactives from the homepage – http://edsitement.neh.gov/student-resources
- a rotating calendar feature with access to a full, yearly calendar – http://edsitement.neh.gov/calendar
- a reference shelf designed to help educators integrate the Internet as a standard classroom resource – http://edsitement.neh.gov/reference-shelf
- a list of websites approved for use in the classroom by EDSITEment; organized by subject area – http://edsitement.neh.gov/websites